||An intriguing journey through Irelands past|
There are over one million stories buried in Glasnevin Cemetery, Gravediggers, Body Snatchers, Rebels and Revolutionaries, ordinary and extraordinary people. We want to share their stories with you. The secrets are in the stones.
Did you know?
• Glasnevin Museum & Tours features a who’s who of modern Irish history including Daniel O’ Connell, Michael Collins, Charles Stewart Parnell, Éamon de Valera, Arthur Griffith, Countess Markievicz, Michael Cusack, Robert Erskine Childers, and Gerard Manley Hopkins.
• A guided tour of the Cemetery includes a trip to the crypt of Daniel O’Connell
• Our tour guides attract rave reviews on Trip Advisor, for their passion and personality as well as their insight and knowledge.
• Glasnevin Museum has won some very prestigious awards including: International Museum 2011 by Museum & Heritage Association, Outstanding Achievement in Visitor Attractions by the Themed Entertainment Association (US Based)and the Grand Prix at the Digital Media Awards 2011.
• We are family friendly and offer something for all the family, whether you are into history or ghastliness
• Admission to the Museum includes an opportunity to trace your roots in our Genealogy Area (all our records are online at www.glasnevintrust.ie/genealogy )
Maples Hotel is a short walk to Glasnevin Museum